[SLED] Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload

Salahzar Stenvaag salahzar at gmail.com
Sun May 3 03:20:45 PDT 2009

Hi Volker, very nice tool, indeed I'd love to know if that process of
converting ppt documents to jpg can be done also on linux, I'd love to
program some solutions around it for our noprofit initiatives under OpenSim
(what about also including similar experience to sloodle itself?)
I also tried to use the SLOODLE presenter, but unless I misunderstood
something your implementation is MUCH simpler to setup and use. Pity it is
NOT opensource, but you already did a big thing making it available for free
to educators like us ;)

The usefulness of the tool is really huge. Thanks for having shared it free.

but..... :(

Having had a BIG problem in showing my presentations I post here for other
people possibly needing this trick to show their powerpoint show (mine were
always truncated on the top and at the bottom, having this tool practically
unusable).

I "partially" solved it putting an extra script, but it would be nicer if
you can have the option of setting texture scale and offset in your tool .
Your viewer sets the following scale and offsets: .93750 0.70313 and
-0.03125,-.14844
These choices are truncating ALL my presentations so that I cannot make any
use of them :(

Here my small "fix" to that problem: I put a new script when touching will
set the default scale/offsets:

It would be very nice if you could guarantee a menu letting people choose
their default scale and offsets otherwise I'm afraid this will work from the
shelf only for a very limited number of people :(
(( I'm assuming you are always using 16:9 slides... :)

default
{

    state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0,"click screen to adjust sizes");
    }

    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {

        // instead of .93750,0.70313 and -.03125,-.14844
        llScaleTexture(1,1,4);
        llOffsetTexture(0,0,4);
        llSay(0,"Adjusted texture sizes");

    }