[SLED] research discussion Mon 9th 2pm

Greg Wadley greg.wadley at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Mar 8 23:53:50 PDT 2009

Hi folks, on Monday 9th March we follow up last week's great demo of SLoodle with a talk by project founder Jeremy Kemp. "This presentation describes the origin of the project, how it has grown with grant funding, the new release coming soon and possible future directions. This interactive session will ask the audience for feedback and ideas." Jeremy and Daniel covered similar ground recently at the Education Roundtable so if you missed that meeting or would like to follow up any issues with Jeremy, drop by!

Jeremy will present at 1400 SL time this Monday 9th. Be aware, some places go in and out of daylight saving this weekend, so check your local time equivalent via http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html . All the meeting details including place and time can be found at http://vwresearchersgroup.pbwiki.com/Meeting-Schedule-and-Transcripts .

We have some great talks coming up from Sharon Collingwood, Geoffrey Edwards, and Jeremy again (about his PhD research), so if you haven't come to a meeting yet, please join in. Our emphasis is on discussion, so questions and comments are welcome during presentations and there is always time for a research-related chat. If you are doing research yourself, book one of the weekly slots and discuss your work with other researchers! (It's a great way to preview conference talks etc.)  Cheers, -Greg, http://www.dis.unimelb.edu.au/staff/gwadley