[SLED] Artist as avatar article in New York Times

Jeremy Kemp jeremykemp at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 08:21:44 PST 2009

Congrats to Filthy!

Filthy is the fellow who set up an art gallery in the hallway at SLCC '07-'08. I believe he met this NYT author in Tampa. She sat us down for Martinis and also spoke with the guy famous for the SLART controversy:
http://virtuallyblind.com/2008/01/25/slart-trademark/

Filthy also came and spoke at IBM Almaden Labs and left a painting with Doug McDavid. I had the honor of presenting a workshop there on July 21. IBM has several different groups working on virtual worlds. One fellow Dave Kamalsky (DJ Linden) came from IBM and evangelizes corporate.

--Jeremy Kemp
San Jose State University