[SLED] Education and the Expanding Metaverse

Johnson, Jessica Lea jeslea at ku.edu
Wed Mar 4 10:13:57 PST 2009

Hi Muxe,

Sorry for the slow reply, but I wanted to point you toward the Spencer
Museum of Art's Second Life Island. Thanks to designer Stacey Fox (SL:
Sage Duncan), we have an "island" which is made up of icebergs and a
giant tree. In conjunction with art exhibitions in the real life
Spencer, you can learn about the work scientists are doing in Greenland
and Antarctica to measure and chart the ice sheets. Here's our website
with a slurl:
http://www.spencerart.ku.edu/exhibitions/secondlife.shtml. Hope you like
it!

Jessica (SL: Beacon Wirefly)