[SLED] Adult Content in Faculty Profiles--What to Do?

Martin, Jocelyn martinj at apsu.edu
Mon Feb 2 12:43:23 PST 2009

>>>I think you missed the point.   The point is that we should not
necessarily make quick judgments based on profiles, for the profile is
just one appearance.

Ah..but what ARE the 'correct' criteria for making a decision about whether to offer 'friendship' to someone?
And how long should we be expected to wait before making a decision?
We have the profile as a sort of personal ad that each of us creates, a representation that makes as much sense as a decision based on how we look or what we say. It's like the person in RL who decries being judged on his appearance, but works very hard at creating a specific appearance.

 Jocelyn