[SLED] looking for two items

Barbara Pittman pittman68 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 09:49:52 PST 2009

http://slurl.com/secondlife/LV%20Outlet/228/78/24 The aEoLuS computer store
has  aEo laptops from which you can email through the chat line. Looks
pretty cool.

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM, AJ <sorry.afk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working to put together a welcome center and have been asked for two
> items - I'm hoping someone here can tell me where I can find them.
>
> 1) An "email" kiosk where the "to" field is already completed - all the
> visitor needs to do it enter their "message" into chat and then enter.  It
> would be ideal if the visitors avatar name was collected automatically,
> otherwise they would need to be prompted for it.
>
> 2) A guest book or visitors log - not the kind that collects the
> information just when someone comes into proximity.  This would be a prompt
> that asked the person's name, email contact, and if there were an alum
> (yes/no) - something along those lines.
>
> Off list or in-world responses ok.
>
> aj
>
> --
> AJ Kelton
> Director of Emerging Instructional Technology
> College of Humanities and Social Sciences
> Montclair State University (MSU)
> 1 Normal Ave, Montclair, NJ 07043
>
> Second Life Project Coordinator
> College of Education and Human Services, MSU
>
> ----------
>
> http://www.sorry-afk.com
> Second Life: AJ Brooks
> Twitter: sorry_afk
> http://sorry-afk.blogspot.com/
> Skype: sorry.afk
> AIM: sorryafk
> Facebook: AJ Kelton
> Plurk: sorry_afk
>
> Are you LinkedIn?  http://www.linkedin.com/

--Barbara

Barbara L. Pittman, PhD
Instructional Technologist in the AEC East
Cuyahoga Community College - Eastern Campus
4250 Richmond Road
Highland Hills, OH  44122-6195

Barbara.Pittman at tri-c.edu
ESS 3300/987-2154
Instructional Technology blog: http://emergingtechnotes.blogspot.com/
Second Life blog: http://slpresence.blogspot.com/

What do you want your students to know and to be able to do at the end of
the course?