Vs: Re: [SLED] VOICE CHAT ISSUES

Georges Segura Georges.Segura at salpaus.fi
Sun Feb 1 09:41:21 PST 2009

Hello

I think what Shelley meant (correct me if I am wrong)
is that Voice chat seems working as we can see the white spot above our heads
and also see sound waves but no one can hear us and we are not able to hear others.

I had the same problem last week. I asked Linden Lab to check if something was wrong on the region
but everything was ok, my mic was correctly set  up (as I could record my voice or use my mic with other programs)
but it just would not work in-world
and suddenly, it started working the following day.

Georges

>>> S Collingwood <collingwood.7 at osu.edu> 01.02.09 16:55 >>>
Shelley,

Check to see that SL is connecting to your headset

>>edit >>preferences >> voice chat >>device settings.

Check to see you can hear things in another programme.

I'm in-world right now, can help if U wish.

Or look at my tutorials here
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Minerva/50/227/27/

>Can anyone help me here? I have voice chat enabled, I can see the
>speaker over my head broadcasting, I can hear ambient sound but I
>cannot hear my voice. Any clues?

Dr. Sharon Collingwood
http://people.cohums.ohio-state.edu/collingwood7/

Department of Women's Studies