[SLED] Creating and Translating CAD files to Second Life objects - best software/apps to use? - for chemistry applications

Miller, Peter pmiller at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Dec 23 06:16:43 PST 2009

Quite likely that Hiro will popup here shortly. In the meantime:

1. You can get his basic molecule rezzer from ACS here:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/ACS/106/231/27

2. He also has a more sophisticated version called Orac that runs off chatted SMILES, InChi or InChiKey codes. I seem to have a copyable version but I should confirm with him thaat it is OK to distribute.

3. There are various protein rezzers. See the following for a little background:

http://secondlifemolecules.wikispaces.com/proteins

http://tidalblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/molecular-models-in-sl.html

4. Do check out the recent paper by Horace and Hiro:

http://www.journal.chemistrycentral.com/content/3/1/14

5. There is also an inworld group called Molecular Stuctures (memo to self: organise a meeting)

Best wishes

Peter