[SLED] Blue Mars vs. SL for Educators: SL wins!

Larry Havenstein lhavenst at ksu.edu
Mon Dec 21 09:11:07 PST 2009

The key isn't how old the computer is but what kind of video adapter you have.  If you
have a video adapter that is Intel or has shared memory it will be a challenge to get it to
work often with Blue Mars.    The recent release does allow you to set a low res setting in
the properties, but that doesn't always fix it.

Shared video memory is bad.   It is bad in SL also but it just generates lag in SL.  All Intel
video adapters use shared video memory.    If you have an ATI or Nvidea video adapter
with dedicated memory it works fine.   You will also find that SL works much better also.