[SLED] Hate LL after trying to buy an island?

Rolig Loon rolig.loon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:03:38 PST 2009

I'm afraid Cider is probably right. Whoever wrote the grant may not
have done all the necessary homework before committing to do the
project in SL, or perhaps just oversold SL's capabilities.  That
leaves you in the awkward position of being on a lovely railroad train
and complaining because it won't fly, metaphorically speaking. You're
not going to be able to make the simplified version of SL that the
grant writer was hoping for.  I think you have only two choices.  One
is to do as Cider suggests and turn back the grant award, and the
other is to work with the grant writer and the granting agency to
redefine goals and expectations for the project. The second
alternative is much better and is actually quite common. After all, as
someone (Einstein?) once said, "If we knew the outcome before we
started the research, it wouldn't be an experiment."

Rolig