[SLED] Change matters

Boehler, Ted tboehler at coastline.edu
Wed Dec 2 14:17:15 PST 2009

Cathy's last paragraph is important. We all know students are growing up in a media rich world and a technological maelstrom- with an Internet that is headed toward routine 3-d capacity. Her comment triggers a memory of a Hebrew proverb that I ran across that I used in a paper one time. It is a proverb from the beginnings of civilization, which may serve to enlighten us as we position our educational strategies for the next generation...

"Do not confine your children to your own learning. For they were born in another time."

Ted Boehler, Ed.D.
Coastline College
Dean, Innovation & learning Technology