[SLED] Earth Day Special Event: Celebrating Environmental Education! 5:30PM SLT

Jennifer Ragan-Fore jraganfore at iste.org
Thu Apr 23 10:48:31 PDT 2009

Please join ISTE and HP for an Extra Special Earth Week Poster Gallery and
Social!

Celebrating Environmental Education

ISTE and HP have collaborated on a special celebration of Earth Week
highlighting projects related to environmental education, environmental
science, and general environmental studies--tonight on ISTE Island in Second
Life.

Catch up with your colleagues and browse the one-of-a-kind poster gallery
where presenters will discuss projects ranging from "Teaching Environmental
Science in a Virtual Green Home," to "Implementing Student-Initiated
Scientific Inquiry in Environmental Science Courses Using Mobile Technology
and Digital Ink" to "Using Second Life to Develop and Test Sustainability
Indices." To read project overviews from all 7 of our presenters, please
visit: http://secondlife.iste.wikispaces.net/Earth+Week+Poster+Presentations

LOCATION: ISTE Island http://slurl.com/secondlife/ISTE%20Island/64/173/23

DATE: April 23rd
TIME: 5:30pm-7pm SLT (5:30-7pm Pacific Daylight Time)

Following your visit, please click here
<http://secondlife.iste.wikispaces.net/Earth+Week+Feedback>  to complete a
short survey about the event. Include your name and email address to be
entered into our drawing for a $50 ISTE bookstore gift certificate!

Hope to see you there!

Jennifer Ragan-Fore/SL: Kittygloom Cassady

+++

Jennifer Ragan-Fore

Director, New Media and Member Communities

International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)

180 West 8th Avenue, Suite 300

Eugene, OR 97401-3003

Direct: 541.434.8938

FAX: 541.302.3780

jraganfore at iste.org

 <http://www.iste.org/> www.iste.org

Presented with the generous support of Hewlett-Packard

<http://secondlife.iste.wikispaces.net/file/thumbnail/HP_LOGO_CHROME-BLUE.jp
g?size=64>