[SLED] OpenSim malicious developer FUD (was: Re: Review of Blue Mars)

Tim Allen flipper at peregrinesalon.com
Mon Apr 20 06:49:53 PDT 2009

I believe the reference here was to an April fool's day frank which affected
avatar appearance. There's a long standing tradition of pulling pranks on
April Fool's day, in fact, there used to be pranks pulled in Second Life. On
April Fool's day, 2004, a swarm script was released which would cause
avatars to be constantly bumped using the physics engine... so it is hardly
kept to OpenSim.

It was also only injected into the "cutting edge, alpha, use at your own
risk, probably very buggy" branch of the code, and not the "most stable, but
still very much in alpha" branch of the code.

Regards,

-Tim