[SLED] RezEd Update Vol. 20 April 8, 2009

RezEd rezedinfo at globalkids.org
Wed Apr 8 09:45:01 PDT 2009

To view this email online, paste this link into your browser:
http://e2ma.net/map/view=CampaignPublic/id=27885.1886136392/rid=6399684093aed1527cc6a848f4f707c7

___________________________________

Hi Colleague!
***

This is the April 8, 2009 RezEd Update to let you know what is new on the Hub for Learning and Virtual
Worlds. http://www.RezEd.org
***
What is your Aha Moment?
Promote your work and key lessons you've learned to other practitioners thinking about virtual worlds and
learning. To have your Aha Moment published on RezEd, fill out this short online form (http://e2ma.net/go/1886136392/1727702/64470484/goto:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=CPLTi47I1Ut7k_2bdyJWFWeQ_3d_3d)!

***
RezEd is now a community of 1800+
Over 1800 members have participated in the BETA of RezEd since its launch, creating new discussions and groups for the second life curriculum, K-8
virtual worlds, language learning, MedEd in virtual worlds, and more.
Most Active Member-created Groups:
Gaming and Learning in Virtual Worlds (151 Members)
Language Learning in Virtual Worlds (133 members)
K-8 Virtual Worlds (97 members)

***

We encourage you to join this week's many discussions and to pass this email along to colleagues who may be interested in joining the community. If
you are interested in moderating a discussion of interest to you in the future, please leave a message for Global Kids.
As always please continue to pass along any feedback to us as we continue to work towards serving the RezEd community better.

***
RezEd: The Hub for Learning and Virtual Worlds provides practitioners using virtual worlds access to the highest quality resources
and research in the field to establish a strong network of those using virtual worlds for learning. It is produced by Global Kids, Inc. through
support from the HASTAC competition and builds on prior work in virtual worlds made possible through the MacArthur Foundation.
www.rezed.org (http://e2ma.net/go/1886136392/1727702/64470485/goto:http://www.rezed.org)
In this week's featured
podcast,  (http://e2ma.net/go/1886136392/1727702/64470480/goto:http://www.rezed.org/xn/detail/2047896:Topic:24338)RezEd Episode 30 (http://e2ma.net/go/1886136392/1727702/64470481/goto:http://www.rezed.org/page/rezed-podcast-episode-30)
comes to you live from the first RezEd Spring Meetup where Peggy
Sheehy, Kelly Czarnieki and Lucky Figtree discuss the implications of
integrating the Second Life Teen Grid into the Main Grid.This week's featured discussion, Bring your teens to FOCUS - Cross-Generational Voices on
Digital Media and Society! (http://e2ma.net/go/1886136392/1727702/64470482/goto:http://www.rezed.org/profiles/blogs/bring-your-teens-to-focus)
This week's aha moment, "Avatars Enhance
the
Language Learning Experience (http://e2ma.net/go/1886136392/1727702/64470483/goto:http://www.rezed.org/forum/topics/avatars-enhance-the-language)" is written by Laura Jacob of McGuffey High School.

Global Kids | 137 East 25th St. | 2nd Floor | NY, NY. 10010
info at globalkids.org | 212.226.0130 | www.globalkids.org

___________________________________

forward this email to a friend
http://e2ma.net/map/view=Forward/ID=27885.1886136392/rid=6399684093aed1527cc6a848f4f707c7/send_to_friend

This email was sent to educators at lists.secondlife.com.
To ensure that you continue receiving our emails,
please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences ( http://e2ma.net/map/view=Manage/signupId=46900/id=27885.1886136392/rid=6399684093aed1527cc6a848f4f707c7 )
opt out ( http://e2ma.net/map/view=OptOut/signupId=46900/ID=27885.1886136392/rid=6399684093aed1527cc6a848f4f707c7 ) using TrueRemove(r).

Got this as a forward? Sign up ( http://e2ma.net/map/view=Join/signupId=46900/mailingId=1727702 ) to receive our future emails.

email powered by Emma(R)