[SLED] not powerpoint again, was Re: teaching and learning in second life...my aha moment

Patricia F Anderson patriciafanderson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:07:37 PDT 2009

Hi, Jeremy,

Actually, it was Paul who brought it up this time around, but it
really doesn't matter.

I am terribly sorry you felt I was belittling you. I had NO intention
of that. I am just generally tired of the whole discussion. However,
to hopefully clarify, I am a huge fan of your work, both inworld and
here. I've been to some of your presentations, bought some of your
games, and rave about you and your work to my faculty who are inworld,
as well as pushing the game concepts to those who are not inworld as
models of exciting innovative instructional approaches that we could
potentially adopt. I would love to see some of your game adopted for
outworld use, perhaps via web browser and interactive clicker system.
Likewise, here on SLED you are often the first person to reply when
someone needs help, and your answers uniformly provide rich
information. Your informational generosity is legendary.

Please rest assured that I value you and your work highly, and I am
certain that many others here do also.

 - Patricia / Lexi

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 8:46 AM, jeremy hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu> wrote:
> I'm sorry you feel I'm badgering people, but alas no, belittling me won't
> cause me to quit trying to make the point.   I didn't bring up powerpoint in
> this round and I had no reason to until you brought it up.
[snip]

--
Patricia Anderson / SL: Perplexity Peccable
pfa at umich.edu OR patriciafanderson at gmail.com
Emerging Technologies Librarian, Health Sciences Libraries
University of Michigan
1135 East Catherine
Ann Arbor, MI 48109