[SLED] A game or not a game?

Benita Budd babudd at waketech.edu
Wed Sep 17 08:54:08 PDT 2008

Would we say that intent has something to do with it? SL is not established as a game, but if one's intent is to "play games," one certainly has the ability- just as in RL!
:-D

Benita Budd

>>> Morgan Leigh <morgan at wirejunkie.com> 9/17/2008 11:13 am >>>
That is exactly how I would argue. SL lacks inherent gameplay. There are
some games in SL, but it is not a requirement of the world itself that
one participate in them. Most definitions of what a game is seem to be
so broad that many things would qualify as a game that really aren't...

Regards,

Morgan Leigh
PhD Candidate
School of History, Philosophy, Religion & Classics
University of Queensland
religionbazaar.blogspot.com