[SLED] Tonight in Second Life: UT Austin Speech from Madeleine K. Albright

Rik Panganiban rik at globalkids.org
Fri Sep 12 10:42:14 PDT 2008

Congrats on the great event!  I loved getting to ask Madeleine
Albright a question from Second Life!

For those that didn't notice, this event got picked up on Kotaku
gamers news site, via my blog:

	http://kotaku.com/5048699/former-us-secretary-of-state-albright-speaks-in-second-life

	http://www.rikomatic.com/blog/2008/09/madeleine-albri.html

The comments on Kotaku are the typical online commentary on Second
Life (i.e. "flying penises"), with some flames against Albright
directly.  Just keep saying to yourself "there's no such thing as bad
publicity."

Regards,

Rik

On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Alan Levine wrote:

> My bad on the mishap on time (better wrong a day early than late).
>
> I could only guess on the location as the original press release we
> got did not even provide a location, just the name if a sim, so I
> scooted in Tuesday, and could not even find signage.
>
> Hope it was a great event.
>

> On Sep 9, 2008, at 4:26 PM, K4sons wrote:
>
>> I went and was told this is tomorrow at 4 PM SLT. We need a new
>> landmark that is behind the seating.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Alan Levine <alan at nmc.org> wrote:
>> Tonight, the LBJ School of Public Affairs at The University of
>> Texas at Austin will welcome former U.S. Secretary of State
>> Madeleine K. Albright to help launch the School's new Master of
>> Global Policy Studies (MGPS) degree on Wednesday evening, September
>> 10 at the Lyndon B. Johnson Library in Austin, Texas.
>>
>> The in-person event is already sold out, but no matter where you
>> live, you can participate in this event at the GSD&M Idea City
>> Island Amphitheatre in Second Life located at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Idea%20City/104/204/39
>>  at 4:00 PM PDT (check your local time http://timeanddate.com/s/wuw)
>> http://virtualworlds.nmc.org/2008/09/08/madeleine-albright/

>> Alan Levine ✪
>> Vice President, NMC Community and CTO
>> NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and
>> creativity
>> 6101 W. Courtyard, Bldg. One Suite 100, Austin, TX 78730
>> t: (512) 445-4200  f:(512) 445-4205 aim/skype: cogdogblog
>> http://www.nmc.org
>>
>> NMC Campus Observer: Second Life http://sl.nmc.org/
>> NMC Virtual Worlds: http://virtualworlds.nmc.org
>>
>> For details see http://www.nmc.org/cal

> Alan Levine ✪
> Vice President, NMC Community and CTO
> NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and
> creativity
> 6101 W. Courtyard, Bldg. One Suite 100, Austin, TX 78730
> t: (512) 445-4200  f:(512) 445-4205 aim/skype: cogdogblog
> http://www.nmc.org
>
> NMC Campus Observer: Second Life http://sl.nmc.org/
> NMC Virtual Worlds: http://virtualworlds.nmc.org
>
> For details see http://www.nmc.org/cal