[SLED] Foundation for Rich Content Calls for Grant Proposals - Grants worth up to L$20, 000

Troy McConaghy troy.mcconaghy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:37:15 PDT 2008

The FFRC has announced its call for proposals by makers of rich content in
Second Life.  The grants foundation has awarded Linden to organizations and
individuals who enrich the lives of SL residents with educational events,
arts, virtual sports, cultural events and just fun things to do.

Applicants must agree to complete a final report for their project and
should present a convincing case for the worth of their project in SL.
Grants are up to L$20,000 (Twenty Thousand Linden Dollars).

Applicants should use the application form below. Applications should be
returned by November 25th to troy.mcluhan([at])gmail.com.

***********

APPLICATION FORM

Dear applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the Foundation For Rich Content, and for your
work in SL to enrich the lives of residents.

To apply, complete the application form below. The first part of the form
should be filled out to receive funding.  The second part of the form should
be filled out after receiving funding and should be sent back along with a
photo (or several) and any testimonials about the project that was funded.
This could be sent back in a folder called "FFRC Funding Followup (name of
your project), or by email to troy.mcluhan([at])gmail.com.

Part 1.

1.  What is the name of the project and who is the contact person for the
project?

2.  Describe the project including location, people involved, and what the
project will do to enrich the lives of SL residents?

3.  How do you plan to use the (up to $20,000 LINDEN dollars) grant?  (i.e.
staffing costs?  uploads?  equipment? etc.)

4.  Do you agree to place an FFRC sponsorship sign at the site if you are
funded and to complete and return part 2 of the application?

5.  When and for how long will the project occur?

6.  Will the content be suitable for all audiences or geared for specific
audiences?  Is the locale for the content on a PG sim or a mature sim?

7.  I understand that the grant is in Linden Dollars (up to L$20,000) and
not in any other currency.

8.  I would be interested in receiving a land grant in Orange's Create
program on Orange Island for up to 3 months to use for this project.
___Yes           ____No

PART 2

Please return along with picture(s) of the project and any participant
testimonials that might convey a sense of what happened with the project.

1.  I found the assistance received by the FFRC to be
a.  essential to my project
b.  very helpful to my project
c.  somewhat helpful to my project
d. validating recognition
e.  not that important in the long run

2.  FFRC Grants were spent on
a. staffing
b. downloads
c. materials
d. advertising
e. other (please type in what)

3.  Please estimate the number of people who were able to access the
project.

4.  In your opinion, how did the project go?  Did it work as you anticipated
it working?  Would you do anything differently next time?

5.  How would you describe the collaboration with the FFRC?  Was the
application easy to understand?  Is there something you'd like to see the
FFRC work on that could have helped your project better succeed?   What
would you suggest to make this process more clear or useful?

6.   We are thinking of inviting past fundees to become affiliates of the
FFRC so that our work can help more people - are you interested in being a
part of this program and would you be able to participate in one or more of
the activities below?

Please check ALL that apply.
[ ]  Helping the FFRC to spread the word about the Foundation, grant
programs and events?
[ ]  Host events at your site?
[ ]  Host an officially designed FFRC Info/Donation box at your site?
[ ]  Volunteer to assist with events and fundraising activities?