[SLED] Special Mixed Reality Performance of "The Wall V-2"

Gary Hayes mail at garyhayes.tv
Tue Oct 21 17:28:33 PDT 2008

Interesting that New World Notes and many others use the term Mixed
Reality to cover everything at the moment (including brands in
world?) ...to me true mixed reality is where there is a real time
resonance, an interaction between the virtual space and the real space
and where one influences (vs just observes) the other and most
importantly where one 'depends' on the other for the event to work...

Now if you told me that there was a live and virtual band playing in
real time or the live dancers were in synch with the avatars or the
live audience could send messages that appeared on the virtual wall or
that avatars in sync passed through the screen and became real life
performers and and :)

Best Gary

On 22/10/2008, at 11:16 AM, Alan Levine wrote:

> NMC Campus is pleased to announced a one-off special performance of
> the Cybernetic Art Research Project's  Second Life interpretation of
> Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” as a mixed reality event for the
> ‘Rinascimento Virtuale’ festival at the Museum of Natural History
> at the University of Florence. The live audience at the festival
> will be viewing the performance as you are.
>
> You can catch the live performance Saturday, Oct 24, 2:00pm Pacific
> at NMC Campus West
> http://slurl.com/secondlife/NMC%20Campus%20West/127/47/612/
>
> There will also be an after-show party with DJ Doubledown Tandino.
>
> Or you can see an open rehearsal on Wednesday Oct 22, same time,
> same slurl
>
> Details
> http://sl.nmc.org/calendar/2008/10/wall-v2-mixed-reality/
>
> Bring down the wall!

> Alan Levine aka CDB Barkley  ✪
> NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and
> creativity
> NMC Campus Observer - http://sl.nmc.org/
> NMC Virtual Worlds - http://virtualworlds.nmc.org/

GARY HAYES
Director,  Laboratory for Advanced Media Production (LAMP)
WEB http://www.lamp.edu.au
EMAIL Gary.Hayes at aftrs.edu.au
LANDLINE DAY +61 (2) 9805 6544
AUSTRALIA MOBILE +61 0404 797 104
ADDRESS: Australian Film TV and Radio School, The Entertainment
Quarter, 130 Bent St, Moore Park, 2021
Mailing address: PO Box 2286, Strawberry Hills 2012

AFTRS values Creativity, Courage, Diversity, Respect

PERSONAL
EMAIL gary at personalizemedia.com
SKYPE cubrig31
BLOG MEDIA http://www.personalizemedia.com
SITE ADVANCED TV http://www.garyhayes.tv/
BLOG VIRTUAL WORLD http://www.justvirtual.com
MUVE DEVELOPER http://www.theprojectfactory.com
COMPOSED MUSIC http://www.cubrisound.com
PHOTOGRAPHY http://www.flickr.com/photos/garyhayes/
FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=517517305
TWITTER http://twitter.com/cubrig
YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/hayesg01
LINKED IN http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=537854
USA CELL +1 310 259 5763
HOME TEL BONDI AUSTRALIA +61 (2) 9300 0119