[SLED] RE: A larger problem with forced client updates

Rolig Loon rolig.loon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:43:04 PDT 2008

Unfortunately, as much as it pains us in the academic realm, the rest of the
world doesn't operate on semesters. SL upgrades when they have an
"improvement" that they believe will strengthen their overall market appeal,
regardless of when that upgrade might land in our special calendar. (Yeah, I
know .... We can argue about what constitutes an improvement and about which
user group is most important. )  Escalation of system requirements has been
the game since the first computers were built. We might as well try to fight
the tide ....

/me, feeling worn down on a Friday afternoon, ducks and heads for the door

Rolig

[snip]