[SLED] Unpacking Things

Carina Girvan girvanc at tcd.ie
Tue Oct 7 13:50:03 PDT 2008

This may all be linked to the necessary upgrade, and as Rolig has said in
another thread, thousands of people all downloading at once may be causing a
strain.

"As usual, when several thousand users have to get an upgrade at once, the
LL servers slow to a crawl. It took me 5 tries over a 40 minute period to
upload the new version last night. By the time I got in world, I was in a
foul mood."

I must have been lucky with the update, I got it yesterday and all seems to
have been fine.  But I have found altering scripts, saving and resetting a
little hit and miss.  Same with rotating objects.

I know it's no good to say this to people on deadlines - but maybe we just
need to wait until after the weekend when most people will have the update.

Carina
Sleepy Littlething