[SLED] AGAIN This Year?? Frustrated with LL!

Marc R. Stephens marque at umich.edu
Tue Oct 7 10:06:46 PDT 2008

Hi SLED Folks,

So this is the third year in which I am teaching a second-year medical
student elective based within SL. This is the third year in a row that
we are getting errors whenever anyone tries to create a new avatar
through computers on campus. The last two years I wrote to/called LL and
did not hear back until it was WAY too late to be of any use for my
elective (which is next week for this year) or got lame excuses about
institutional registration restrictions. Each time I've been told by LL
(I even spoke directly to Claudia Linden last year) has corrected the
problem and each year it continues to persist.

  Registration Unavailable

Linden Lab limits the number of accounts any household or individual may
create.
You appear to have exceeded this limit.

So again this year, the same stupid error!!!! I am using a fresh email
address (no avatars use this email yet) on a computer where I've not
tried to create avatars 3 times (denied each time) in the past.

This is extremely frustrating and really makes me wonder how much LL is
(not) committed to supporting educational efforts in SL.

I'm not expecting a satisfactory resolution from this list, as I've
complained here in SLED each time to absolutely no avail.I just need to
vent.

So again this year I must have my participating medical students create
their avatars at home or outside of the medical campus (I'm not even
sure if registration works anywhere at all on University of Michigan
campus) which is LAME.

If anyone in power to fix this (HA) wants to contact me back please
write to me at marque at umich.edu. I get the digest version of SLED and
may miss any replies.

A Frustrated Educator,

Marc Stephens