[SLED] HELP: Problems / Solutions with SL under Vista?

Marrapodi, Elisabeth EMarrapodi at Trinitas.org
Fri Oct 3 05:41:16 PDT 2008

I have Vista and SL runs like a champ. Now the new SL client may be a different story.

Elisabeth Jacobsen Marrapodi
Director, Library Services
Trinitas Hospital
225 Williamson St.
Elizabeth NJ 07207
voice 908-994-5488
fax 908-994-5099

 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart. Col 3:23

-----Original Message-----
From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
[mailto:educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com]On Behalf Of Patricia F
Anderson
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:04 PM
To: educators at lists.secondlife.com
Subject: [SLED] HELP: Problems / Solutions with SL under Vista?

Hi, folks,

At our campus, we have a number of public computing labs that are
available for use of SL for study or teaching. Recently, four
computing labs under independent management have all reported problems
running SL under Vista. None of them knew the other labs were having
trouble, and each came to me independently. They have different
hardware configurations and models. The error message says it is
related to a video card driver? I will try to get the exact error
message from them.

Meanwhile, I know a number of people who have Vista on computers at
home who are running SL without difficulty. So it is not necessarily
Vista's fault.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, has anyone else had a solution?

I am trying to isolate if it might be an interaction with something
else in our basic campus loadset.

MANY THANKS!

 - Patricia

--
Patricia Anderson / SL: Perplexity Peccable
pfa at umich.edu OR patriciafanderson at gmail.com
Emerging Technologies Librarian, Health Sciences Libraries
University of Michigan
1135 East Catherine
Ann Arbor, MI 48109