Fw: [SLED] religious sites/activities/groups in sl

twu at berkeleycollege.edu twu at berkeleycollege.edu
Fri Mar 28 05:31:43 PDT 2008

Prof. Lamoureux,

At Truth region ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Truth/125/125 ) there is the
oldest Christian church in Second Life,  which is, the ALM Cyberchurch.
This church was founded by Benjamin and Mariposa Psaltery.  Church
services are every Sunday at 11:00 AM PST ( http://dokimos.org/secondlife
).

On the same region is the dokimos café (
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Truth/124/86 ) which is the home of the Second
Life Bible (SLbible), which is a Scripture-on-command chat utility.  The
SLbible is distributed freely in Second Life (
http://dokimos.org/secondlife/bible ) and may be freely copied for others.

Theodore Ubhaus
Information Systems
Berkeley College

----- Forwarded by Theodore Ubhaus/CO/Berkeley College on 03/28/2008 08:21
AM -----

"Sarah Williams" <sewillia at gmail.com>
Sent by: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
03/27/2008 08:50 PM
Please respond to
SL Educators <educators at lists.secondlife.com>

"SL Educators" <educators at lists.secondlife.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [SLED] religious sites/activities/groups in sl

Hello Professor Lamoureux,
      As you may already know, one of the highest trafficked Christian
hangouts in Second Life is the Eternal Creations Sim. (
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Eternal%20Creations/91/217/26). Their flickr
photo pool is here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/652561@N21/pool/ . Bible
studies are hosed on the sim but it was not designed as a place to have
church services. It was designed as a place to have fun outside of a
church setting. Parities are hosted regularly and free jetski-ing is
always available.
I hope this information is helpful.
Take Care,
Sarah Williams