[SLED] 17th and 18th British Lit Resource?

Matthew Russell russelmr at uwm.edu
Wed Mar 26 08:10:43 PDT 2008

I don't know if there is anything out there on John Milton or Paradise Lost
[17th century], but, with the upcoming film, I wouldn't be surprised if
there was already something in SL on it.  And, in any event, there should
be!, given this quote from PL (God reflecting on what will happen to
Adam/Eve after their fall):

"I at first with two fair gifts
Created him endowd, with Happiness
And Immortalitie: that fondly lost,
This other serv'd but to eternize woe;
Till I provided Death; so Death becomes
His final remedie, and after Life
Tri'd in sharp tribulation, and refin'd
By Faith and faithful works, to Second Life,
Wak't in the renovation of the just,
Resignes him up with Heav'n and Earth renewd."
(PL, Book X)