[SLED] Identity Crisis-Should I retire my avatar Gisk Akina?

Butterflyrose Jewell butterflyrose at dodo.com.au
Tue Mar 25 15:49:21 PDT 2008

You know I was only thinking that Ann could use a group to display 'nee Gisk
Akina'. I did this for a while after I was married.

Losing your avatar's name is very much like being married or devoiced (as a
woman anyway). A name change is a change of identity both internally and
externally.

You know it would be an interesting experiment to see how people responded
to avatar swapping. It's hard enough sometimes to figure out RL, SL
personality let alone RL, SL and then another SL personality. I am confused
just thinking about it :)

Di