[SLED] Identity Crisis-Should I retire my avatar Gisk Akina?

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:38:49 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Bruce Jones <polygonsforever at yahoo.com> wrote:
> JP,
>
> More than one of the many books written about choosing a name in SL focus
> your attention on the importance of chosing your name carefully. My primary
> avatar name I chose for an alter-ego 31 years ago, and am very pleased with
> it, my alt av. name I chose on alark and wish now I could change it, my
> carelsee selection has cost me untold grief to the point where I don't use
> it at all any more.

This has been a fascinating thread ... My avatar name was chosen for
work purposes; I'm not quite sure what I'd have chosen had I not been
doing it for work, but I didn't think about it as much as some others
seem to have done.
I wonder if that's just me, or if it's in any way related to the fact
that I have a unique real life name. (At least, if there are any other
"Duke-Williams"s that I'm not related to, I've never come across any
of them). Where we have to have a unique name in SL, it's much less
common in RL. Would I have put more effort into choosing my SL name
were I "Emma Williams" - or not. I don't know.

Emma
(Emmadw Rickenbacker)

--
Emma Duke-Williams:
School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator.