[SLED] Whatever happened to Black Wednesdays???

Chris Hambly chambly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:58:39 PDT 2008

I coined the phrase Black Wednesdays some time ago, a point when LL would
regularly update on a Wednesday, often without prior notice.

Since then the updates have been scheduled well in advanced and less
frequent.

Typically they still take place on a Wednesday, but not all Wednesdays are
now black

:)

Chris

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM, S Collingwood <collingwood.7 at osu.edu>
wrote:

> Tonight I am teaching an orientation class for a bunch of women's
> studies students who are already intimidated by the technology, and
> once again I have to worry about a rolling restart.
>
> As upsetting as they could be, you at least knew where you stood with
> Black Wednesdays.  You could plan presentations, tours, classes,
> without the fear of sending your visitors tumbling into cyberspace.
> Why has this practice been given up?  Did they tell us?  Did I miss
> it?
>
> Expletive deleted
>
> Ellie Brewster
> --