[SLED] Artificial Intelligence and scripted agents

Baker, Christopher CBaker at Hatboro-Horsham.org
Thu Mar 20 17:54:49 PDT 2008

In RL, we use paramedics as "patients" who have looked over the mock
scenario and have the knowledge to guide their answers in response to
the assessment and treatments they receive.  This enables the "patient"
to be autonomous and exist within the realm of the scenario.

Chris Baker/Learnus Maximus
Science Teacher
Hatboro-Horsham High School
899 Horsham Road
Horsham, Pa 19044
(215) 420-5500
www.hatboro-horsham.org/baker
Google Talk: cbaker at hatboro-horsham.org

________________________________

From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
[mailto:educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com] On Behalf Of Marrapodi,
Elisabeth
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:10 PM
To: SL Educators
Subject: RE: [SLED] Artificial Intelligence and scripted agents

No reason this couldn't be done with use of voice.  In lieu of that, I
participated in an ER patient simulation at AMMC and had a  doctor
looking over my shoulder in my RL office prompting me with symptoms
while the SL doc (RL doctor in SL) tried to diagnose and treat. We did
it in text chat.
PS patient lived (peanut anaphylaxis)

Elisabeth Marrapodi
Director, Library Services
Trinitas Hospital
225 Williamson St.
Elizabeth NJ 07207
voice 908-994-5488
fax 908-994-5099

 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart."
                                          -Colossians 3:23