[SLED] Metaverse is ONE.

Bruce Jones polygonsforever at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 04:25:22 PDT 2008

  I have read and heard about similar, 24V, low current home systems are on their way as well. In engineering school I remember a calaulation that showed that an incandescent light bulb was a much more efficient souorce of heat than light, a little more thinking like this and we may not need nuclear power plants after all :-)

"Related article you may find interesting: http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17183/53/"

"Has anyone compared the power consumed between the tube based Eniac computer compared to a core-duo processor in bites/hour vs. gigabits of data handled/sec in terms of power consumption? It seems to me that the same rule of computer speed doubling/unit of time also has an inverse relationship with power consumption/bit. one does not have to be a professional futurist to project that as computer processing has become more efficient and runs on lower current consuming components, they will continue to consume less and less power."