[SLED] Metaverse is ONE.

Bruce Jones polygonsforever at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 08:41:12 PDT 2008

Marlyn,

  Has anyone compared the power consumed between the tube based Eniac computer compared to a core-duo processor in bites/hour vs. gigabits of data handled/sec in terms of power consumption? It seems to me that the same rule of computer speed doubling/unit of time also has an inverse relationship with power consumption/bit. one does not have to be a professional futurist to project that as computer processing has become more efficient and runs on lower current consuming components, they will continue to consume less and less power.

  Parriah

Marlyn - RILug <rhodeislandlug at yahoo.com> wrote:

  "The energy required for storing and transmitting information is far
less than we have been using. We do not know what will come of the
industry's current and future investigations of possible efficiencies,
but we do know that vendors have recently begun to make low power a
part of their sales pitches."