[SLED] Spam invites for social networks

Karen Fritch k.fritch at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:16:24 PDT 2008

The program must be going into the list uninvited because I got an invitation from you!  I had the same experience with Quetchup (sp?).  It supposedly came from another SLer, I was new at the time and accepted. Then it went into my contacts and emailed itself! PS: I deleted your invite based on my theory but if you wanted me to join for real, I would be happy to!

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:39:14 -0400From: intellagirl at gmail.comTo: educators at lists.secondlife.comSubject: [SLED] Spam invites for social networksHey Folks! Hope you're all recovering from or enjoying Spring Break. Just a request here. Can we refrain from spamming the list with social network invites? They're extraneous to the purpose of the list and can only result in rather meaningless connections. If you really want to connect, reach out and touch someone...just off the list.Cheers!S-- Sarah "Intellagirl" RobbinsDirector of Emerging Technologieswww.MediaSauce.comPhD Candidate, Ball State Universitywww.ubernoggin.comhttp://www.intellagirl.comhttp://secondlife.intellagirl.comYahoo: IntellagirlSkype: IntellagirlSecondLife: Intellagirl Tully