[SLED] Metaverse is ONE.

Scott Johnston johnston.scott at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 3 18:20:30 PST 2008

Being relatively new to this list, I hope this issue has not already
been "done to death", if so please gently point me at the appropriate
Would the Metaverse lead to a larger or smaller CO2 emissions?
Is anyone tracking the environmental impact of increased internet use
(including the multitude of personal and business computers being
served by the internet) versus the reductions in environmental impact
of not physically moving to get together to carry out discussions and
I recall seeing a surprising claim that 10% of America's electricity
is going into running the current internet infrastructure, I can't
remember whether this included user side as well.
Many thanks