[SLED] Discussion areas in SL?

Steven Miller smiller at sois.uwm.edu
Sun Mar 2 12:55:35 PST 2008

I have a very basic question that I'm hoping someone in this group can help me with.  I would like to hold a class discussion session in Second Life for students in one of my real life online courses.  But I'm not a landowner or builder in SL, and my university doesn't have a presence in SL.

I'm wondering whether there are educational institutions or places in SL that would let me "reserve" a classroom or discussion space for an hour sometime.  Paying a fee for that service would be no problem.  Has anyone on this list ever done this, or do you have any leads on how I might go about it? Thanks for any advice or assistance!
Steve

--------
Steven J. Miller, Senior Lecturer
School of Information Studies