[SLED] Formal Academic Research in SL

Wlodzimierz Sobkowiak swlodek at ifa.amu.edu.pl
Tue Jul 22 04:39:21 PDT 2008

With reference to the recent threads concerning:

>Formal Academic Research
>SL application in communication courses

... SLEDlers may like to hear about my research on teaching English as a
Foreign Language (EFL), specifically pronunciation, in SL.

Please follow the links:

1. http://ifa.amu.edu.pl/~swlodek/Concording%20SL%20discourse.pdf for a full
(e-published) paper on "Concordancing Second Life discourse" (abstract here:
http://ifa.amu.edu.pl/~swlodek/abstract.htm#abs53

2. http://ifa.amu.edu.pl/~swlodek/abstract.htm#abs56 for an (English)
abstract of a (Polish) paper on "Happiness I hadn't felt before", or:
foreign languages in SL" (to be published in an ICT in FLT volume in Poland)

3. http://ifa.amu.edu.pl/~swlodek/abstract.htm#abs55 for an (English)
abstract of an (English) paper on "SLEFL pronunciation, or: on teaching and
learning EFL pronunciation in Second Life" (to be presented at the II
International conference on native and non-native accents of English).

My musings about my first lesson in SL may also be of some interest:
http://ifa.amu.edu.pl/~swlodek/First%20lesson%20in%20SL.pdf.

Enjoy!

Wlodek Barbosa
prof. Wlodzimierz Sobkowiak