[SLED] Dell studio 17 laptop review

Marrapodi, Elisabeth EMarrapodi at Trinitas.org
Fri Jul 18 06:35:38 PDT 2008

Hey Folks
Got the laptop yesterday. Here's the review:
17" monitor: fabulous
keyboard: huge and I have to constantly shift fingers to the left because of the added numbers keys on the right sid. I'm a touch typer so this will take some getting used to.
graphics: I've gone from flat, opaque seas in SL to amazing waves and depth. Only 1 crash all night while teleporting.

Now bad news:
* can't find the webcam nor dvd player it was supposed to come loaded with. Unless there is a magic slot somewhere it ain't there
* it got so **hot** that I could hardly rest my hands on the keyboard platform!
* had to use the cooling pad continuously
* it would not go into rest mode with the lid down
* fan is noisy
* my usb headset was useless and would not be recognized. This model forces you to use plug in headset/mic setup.
* oh and the pink isn't really pink, it's more salmon

So, not too happy right now.

Elisabeth Marrapodi
Director, Library Services
Trinitas Hospital
225 Williamson St.
Elizabeth NJ 07207
voice 908-994-5488
fax 908-994-5099

 "...there is nothing better for people than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. " Ecc 3:22 TNIV

Important news about Trinitas Hospital email communications:

On November 15, Trinitas Hospital implemented a secure email policy. If an email is encrypted, you will receive a Zixmail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before given access to the message center.

To learn more about the Trinitas secure email policy please visit

http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/sites/index.php?b=31&type=1 or send an email to zix at trinitas.org</FONT></h2>

"Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message"