[SLED] Colorado Fossils now on Display in-world

Lloyd Onyett lonyett at iup.edu
Sat Jul 12 14:55:33 PDT 2008

Lisa,

Our Archaeology and Anthropology faculty are developing an island to
do just that.... including providing our students with special tools
(designed to work very much like those in real life that would be used
for locating objects beneath the surface). The island is Archaeology
Island, owned by Indiana University of Pennsylvania (yeah, I know...
confusing name, but we are located in the town of Indiana in the state
of PA, and not related to the "other" Indiana Univ). We are still
working on the island development, so at this time it is a closed
island, except to our own students. We have replicas of several digs
our faculty are involved in, and even have a sunken ship in the lagoon
(a replica of one off the coast of Cyprus).

If you are interested in more about our Archaeology Island and the
work we are doing on it, you can contact Dr. Beverly Chiarulli in
Anthropology at:  Beverly.Chiarulli at iup.edu or Dr. R. Scott Moore in
History at:  Robert.Moore at iup.edu

Lloyd  "Komputer Merlin"

Lloyd Onyett
Assistant Dean for Technology
College of Education and Educational Technology
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Stouffer Hall 105
Indiana, PA 15705
(724) 357-1409