[SLED] Film reviewer?

Denise Wood Denise.Wood at unisa.edu.au
Tue Jul 8 07:13:10 PDT 2008

I think the issue raised in those postings was more about the price of
the DVD/VHS itself. The postings seem to be based on a presumption that
the production is purely a Machinima piece (and numerous examples of
high quality Machinima can be viewed free of charge from YouTube and
Blip.TV). However, the  production to which Diane is referring appears
to be more of the genre of a RL documentary with interviews (eg Philip
Rosedale; Lauren Gelman, Clay Shirky; and Ted Castronova) interspersed
with Machinima. I suppose some might rightly argue that those kinds of
productions are also freely available via YouTube, but perhaps we should
be a little less hasty about judging a product's value without first
reviewing it? Diane's offer seems genuine - she is only inviting
interested educators to review the production not buy the DVD.

Cheers

Denise

Dr Denise Wood

Program Director (Media Arts)

Teaching and Learning Portfolio Leader

School of Communication

University of South Australia

St Bernards Rd, Magill, SA, 5072

Ph: 61 8 83024642 |Fax: 61 8 8302 4745

Web: http://people.unisa.edu.au/Denise.Wood
<http://people.unisa.edu.au/Denise.Wood>

CRICOS provider # 00121B

Secondlife slurl: http://slurl.com/secondlife/UnivSA/178/234/23
<http://slurl.com/secondlife/UnivSA/178/234/23>

Second Life: AKA Denlee Wobbit | Skype name: denlee5025

<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=709371922>