[SLED] Stephen Hawking speech to be streamed into SL

Pavel Izhutov pavel.izhutov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:58:28 PDT 2008

Thanks a lot for invitation! The lecture was fantastic!

By the way, does anybody know how to organize video streaming (like NASA TV)
in Second Life? Is there any equipment or software to be bought?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Troy McConaghy <troy.mcconaghy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> NASA is honored to have Professor Stephen Hawking speak on the
> Agency's behalf on Monday, April 21st at 12 Noon PDT (SL Time).
>
> The topic is "Why We Should Go Into Space" and will include a segment
> on Science Education to be presented by his daughter, Lucy Hawking.
> This is the third in a series of NASA lectures featuring prominent
> leaders who discuss the benefits provided by space exploration,
> scientific discovery, and aeronautics research to the economy,
> education, health, and the environment.
>
> This historic event will be broadcast on NASA TV.  Places to watch
> NASA TV in SL:
>
> http://slurl.com/secondlife/Explorer%20Island/183/215/22
>
> http://slurl.com/secondlife/NASA%20CoLab/157/45/63
>
> http://slurl.com/secondlife/Spaceport%20Alpha/48/78/24
>
> You'll need to make sure that you have media streaming set.  Go to
> Edit-Preferences-Audio&Video and check  Play Streaming Video when
> Available.
>
> If you'd like to view the NASA TV stream on your own sim/parcel, set
> the media stream to
> http://www.nasa.gov/qtl/151335main_NASA_TV_QT.qtl
>
> Where to watch NASA TV in RL:
> http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
>
> More Information:
> http://www.nasa.gov/50th/NASA_lecture_series/hawking.html

Regards,
Pavel Izhutov
Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology | Senior student
pavel.izhutov at gmail.com
Cellular: +7 926 374 0171
Skype: keep_your_promises