[SLED] Help With Academic Research

AJ sorry.afk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:05:22 PDT 2008

EDUCAUSE Quarterly* is an exceptional peer-reviewed Journal.  You can find
them online (http://connect.educause.edu/apps/eq/index.asp).  They speak to
a specific audience, EDUCAUSE members, but EDUCAUSE is a massive and
powerful player in the "technology in education" (or would that be
"education with technology?) industry

There has been some great positive motion very recently within EDUCAUSE and
virtual environments.  There were a number of presentations at this last
Annual Conference, I'm told presentations are being made at local
conferences, articles are being published, and recently they started a
Constituent Group called Virtual Worlds*.
http://www.educause.edu/groups/vw(p.s. there is also a group in world
called EDUCAUSE Virtual Worlds)

aj

*DISCLAIMER:  I sit on the review committee for the EDUCAUSE Quarterly.
Articles are passed to us blind and I'm ethically bound to recuse myself if
I know the author, which I take very seriously.  Also, I am involved heavily
with the VW Constituent Group.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM, William Magee <billmagee at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I ask the SLED community this loaded question?
>
> Which online journals in the field of e-learning are currently
> considered Top Five?
>
> Wam7c
>
> --
> William Magee, Ph.D.
> Dharma Drum Buddhist College, Taiwan
> http://elib.ddbc.edu.tw/~magee/ <http://elib.ddbc.edu.tw/%7Emagee/>
> Editor, The Chung-Hwa Buddhist Journal
>

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Rolig Loon <rloon at hbci.com> wrote:
> >

> >  There's probably room for more gasoline on the fire, so I'll toss mine
> on
> >  too. Sometimes the "lesser" journals are marked as "lesser" simply
> because
> >  people with important things to contribute send them elsewhere. In my
> >  experience, I have seen an occasional "lesser" journal grow in stature
> when
> >  senior members of the academic community decided to submit a
> speculative
> >  article or one slightly outside their normal line of research. Some
> journals
> >  are deservedly "lesser." Where there is promise, however, it's sad to
> see a
> >  journal stuck in second class status just because it isn't on the elite
> Top
> >  5 list.
> >
> >  Rolig

----------
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false
about hope" - Barack Obama

http://www.sorry-afk.com
Second Life:
Main Grid: AJ Brooks for Education