[SLED] new test client (was graphic cards compatibility)

Marrapodi, Elisabeth EMarrapodi at Trinitas.org
Wed Apr 16 06:17:03 PDT 2008

good morning! First the good news: on both my work PC and my home laptop, the newest 1.20 test viewer worked like a charm. I cannot believe the depth of the 3D effects and colors! It's like I'm seeing SL for the very first time through new eyes. I was so wowed last night that I actually went sightseeing in SL--something I haven't done in a long time due to past issues. Even blogged about it.

Now, the "bad" news: this client has a strange camera control effect. Long after you stop using your directional key to turn or your mouse roller to zoom in or out, the camera continues its movement. It actually made me feel a bit queasy before I got used to it. There is no stopping the camera so it's very difficult to frame a picture.

Hopefully LL will correct that issue. So, I'm a happy camper again and I didn't have to buy $1,500 worth of new equipment----yet. Reprieve! I will save all the hardware recommendations because I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I really do hit the wall.

How is everyone else's experience with 1.20?

Elisabeth Marrapodi
Director, Library Services
Trinitas Hospital
225 Williamson St.
Elizabeth NJ 07207
voice 908-994-5488
fax 908-994-5099

 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart."
                                          -Colossians 3:23