[SLED] Elision of ideas

Rolig Loon rloon at hbci.com
Wed Apr 9 10:41:22 PDT 2008

When I was young, my mother used to annoy the heck out of me by harping
about appearance. "The world's first impression of you is the one you chose
to make," she would say. Much as I hated to admit it at the time, she was
right. For better or worse, in other people's eyes we are largely what we
appear to be. If I want to be taken seriously as a professional, I dress the
part. I wouldn't dream of showing up for class or a board meeting in my
gardening jeans. SL is a lot more relaxed, but if I'm supposed to be helping
show off for visitors, I wear a nice dress. (Well, OK, that's my normal
default wardrobe, but you get the idea..).

Rolig

  _____