[SLED] How to find "buried" prims when building ?

Karen Fritch k.fritch at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:23:34 PDT 2008

You can also use camera mode to go underground to look for them if they aren't too far down.

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:37:15 -0500From: Aldon.Hynes at Orient-Lodge.comSubject: RE: [SLED] How to find "buried" prims when building ?To: educators at lists.secondlife.com

If you hit enough of them in the right combination, you can make SL act like a text based virtual world, chatroom, or IRC channel!

-----Original Message-----From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com [mailto:educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com]On Behalf Of Gary HayesSent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:39 AMTo: carolrb at rmplc.co.uk; SL EducatorsSubject: Re: [SLED] How to find "buried" prims when building ? The best way to find things or clear up in certain situations -  is to turn elements on and off (it destroys SL for the immersionists amongst you) but does sure save time when you can 'remove' the land or objects or even avatars etc etc. I have included the key shortcut list below for the render settings ( I will use PC names as mac equivalents are easy to find)

Firstly make sure you have your advanced menu on - ctrl alt shift D - you will get a 6th menu called Advanced -

Now you can have fun
Ctrl Alt Shift 1 - Will hide simple prims
Ctrl Alt Shift 2 - Will hide any objects with alpha or transparency in them
Ctrl Alt Shift 3 - Will hide Linden trees
Ctrl Alt Shift 4 - Will hide avatars or more complex linked/scripted moving objects
Ctrl Alt Shift 5 - Will hide land (great for finding buried objects)
Ctrl Alt Shift 6 - Will hide the sky
Ctrl Alt Shift 7 - Will hide water plane
Ctrl Alt Shift 8 - Will hide the ground (doesnt seem to do anything for me!)
Ctrl Alt Shift 9 - Will hide ALL prims (builds etc) including avatar clothes
Ctrl Alt Shift 0 - Will hide Linden grass
Ctrl Alt Shift -      Will hide clouds - useful when your building up there or take photos looking down
Ctrl Alt Shift =   Hides all particles. Useful if your being griefed or a student has just gone a little too far!
Ctrl Alt Shift  \   Hides yucky bump maps.

Finally note really part of the above but if you want to see wireframe SL then Ctrl Shift R  (toggle)  - see your world in a whole new light!!

Gary