[SLED] Furries in SL

Gary Hayes mail at garyhayes.tv
Tue Apr 1 23:21:00 PDT 2008

Hi - regarding Furries one of the most out-spoken inworld avatars on
the topic is Wolfie Rankin, I would suggest IM'ing him inworld.
Alternatively you can talk to him on the new ABC Island Friends out-
of-world forum where quite a few of the island admins are also
furries  http://www.auntiesavatars.com.au/forum/

Gary

On 02/04/2008, at 11:14 AM, <andegayn at oakland.edu>
<andegayn at oakland.edu> wrote:
> I am a student researching the furry community and escapism. I was
> wondering why people decide to become furries on SL and if they
> participate in the Furry community in RL. I was wondering if being
> a furry on SL is a form of escape or if it just a continuation of
> RL and just expanding the people you can communicate with. Any feed
> back would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
> Ambeesweet Frog

GARY HAYES
TITLE Director - Laboratory for Advanced Media Production (LAMP)
WEB http://www.lamp.edu.au
EMAIL Gary.Hayes at aftrs.edu.au
LANDLINE DAY +61 (2) 9805 6544
AUSTRALIA MOBILE +61 0404 797 104
ADDRESS: Australian Film TV and Radio School PO Box 126, Sydney 1670,
Australia
WIKIPEDIA PROFILE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Garyphayes
LINKED IN: http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=537854
AFTRS values Creativity, Courage, Diversity, Respect

PERSONAL
EMAIL  gary at personalizemedia.com, mail at garyhayes.tv
gary at cubrisound.com, gary at justvirtual.com
HOME TEL AUSTRALIA +61 (2) 9868 7891