[SLED] VAT Charges in the EU

Gavin Dudeney gavin.dudeney at theconsultants-e.com
Thu Sep 27 15:44:13 PDT 2007

Folks,

Linden Lab just slapped VAT on European residents for tier, premium
accounts, etc. This may well come as a bit of a surprise to you - I know it
did for me. One can apply for VAT exemption through their pages, but it
won't accept my company VAT number (I've opened a ticket on the support
site), and as a Spanish educational company we're VAT exempt for educational
services and courses. Anyway, if you're EU based you may want to check your
charges in the coming few days. Presumably this is an unforeseen result of
moving billing to the Brighton office in the UK...

Gavin

c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770
http://www.theconsultants-e.com