[SLED] Streaming Live Video into S.L. (Clarification)

Larry Havenstein lhavenst at oznet.ksu.edu
Mon Sep 24 11:18:53 PDT 2007

For what we have done so far, we used QuickTime Broadcaster.   We are not a full
Macintosh shop but we do have a MacBook Pro we share for testing and special projects
and that works fine.   We plug a firewire DV camera into the MacBook and use
Broadcaster to the streaming server.    As a side note we also have the same server
computer running Windows Media Server and often the events we stream in QuickTime
are also streaming in Windows Media.   Requires a Windows notebook and another
camera.    The point I am making is the server need not be dedicated to having only the
QuickTime Streaming server on it.