[SLED] Streaming Live Video into S.L. (Clarification)

Larry Havenstein lhavenst at oznet.ksu.edu
Mon Sep 24 08:59:14 PDT 2007

We are using the open source Quicktime Streaming server on Windows 2003 server.

http://developer.apple.com/opensource/server/streaming/index.html

On 24 Sep 2007 at 8:17, Kevin Feenan wrote:

Larry,

What are you using for the live streaming part? I'm on a Vista machine and trying to find
software that will stream QT formats seems to be either very expensive or nigh
impossible. If you are running MAC then it looks as if it is a cakewalk but I'm not prepared
to go out an buy MACs for all our instructors.

Rockcliffe is experimenting with streaming video this week. Will hopefully start to get our
media center up and running with static content before the end of the month. Its all the live
stuff that is giving me headaches right at the moment.

Thanks,
Kevin
SL: Phelan Corrimal
Rockcliffe University in Second Life