[SLED] RE: HTML won't ruin your second life

Anthony Fontana anthonymfontana at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:29:32 PDT 2007

I think Jeremy got some things right when he said:

"I think that if you want HTML or Flash on a prim, you should download
the client and hire a team to do it.  Then those people that want
your functionalities can use your client.  Let LL get the
architecture fixed and you guys can work on the display."

This original discussion started with someone asking to make a list of
demands from LL. Maybe he's right. LL should be working on SL stability.

That said, I still want HTML on a prim. Does that mean I will "hire a team
to do it"? No. But if I continue to voice my desire, as I am not the only
one, eventually someone will put together a team to make it happen.

I don't personally know anyone who has visited the Mozilla Firefox add-ons
page and added every single one of them. Or opened up the Mac Dashboard
Widgets page and grabbed all of them. But it can be tempting (and taxing on
your system). Does that mean they shouldn't be available? No.

SL more like Firefox... please.

Sidenote: SL is 2D, 3D, and 4D. Any illusion of a singular dimensional
experience is just that: an illusion. If you don't want it to be so, then
don't log on. If your computer can't handle quicktime movies in SL, then
don't hit play. If you can't afford a new computer, don't buy one. But don't
try and tell everyone else that technology must stop advancing while you
save up. Everyone knows that Gmail will remain in Beta forever. Everyone
should know that SL will feel like it's in Beta forever! It is not a video
game that will stop receiving quality upgrades when the next big game comes
out. It is a platform that (hopefully) will continue to grow for years to
come.