[SLED] v-presenting challenge

Steven Hornik shornik at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 16:14:55 PDT 2007

Alan,

I don't know how "edgy" accounting can be, but I've created two interactive models on Teaching 4.  Take a look at these videos to see if they would be of use:  http://reallyengagingaccounting.vodpod.com/

Alan Levine <alan at nmc.org> wrote: I'm facing the V-challenge next month with some sessions I am doing
in Australia, and while hoping for the opportunity for live demos,
will be prepping the canned shows with photos and videos.

Videos make an impact, but I am wary of showing too many; if I were
in the audience, I would wonder why I am sitting there watching
something I could watch elsewhere, so I tend to use them as a set up
or something I can talk over as they play.

But nothing makes more of a bang when you can run a successful live
demo (though I agree it is not worth the fumbling for a 15 minute
total presentation time). I will be posting some times that I hope to
connect to a virtual audience during my sessions next month, as it
makes a difference when people are there when you finally are able to
connect through strange networks, etc.

I have my set of well known favorite SL Education spots or can pilfer
them from the great list Sean and Jo Kay have harvested http://
sleducation.wikispaces.com/educational uses  -- but am also
interested in pointing to perhaps some new, maybe more obscure
locations that might intrigue educator, offer special interactivity,
or highlight a unique use of SL... What are some of your more edgy
examples (PG audience, please ;-)

thanks

Alan Levine aka CDB Barkley  ✪
NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and
creativity
NMC Campus Observer - http://sl.nmc.org/
NMC Virtual Worlds - http://virtualworlds.nmc.org/

Symposium on Creativity in Second Life Materials
   http://www.nmc.org/keyword/slcreativity
NMC Teachers Buzz - every other Monday
   http://sl.nmc.org/wiki/Teachers_Buzz_Session

Australia Oct 2007 Tour http://cogdogroo.wordpress.com/