[SLED] Your [Top 5] feature requests for SL - yes WE can make a difference - TOGETHER!

Rochelle Mazar rochelle at mazar.ca
Mon Sep 17 05:22:49 PDT 2007

Jeremy wasn't telling anyone s/he shouldn't do something...he was
responding to a request for a collective top 5 feature requests. As
part of the collective, I think he (and I, and you) have a right to
express an opinion about what should and shouldn't be in the top
five. Right?

Personally I think the problem with creating a web browser in world
is that it locks us into the status quo and doesn't push us to think
about how we can leverage the space itself to create a new kind of
experience for students. Hey, if you want to have prims that show
fuzzy versions of websites that only those with the very best
graphics cards can read, go to it; I'd rather see someone leave the
web to the web and create a new kinds of tool for presenting and
interacting with information in SL in a way that's native to SL.
There are lots of great examples in world where instructors have
taken good advantage of the space as a space, and if we're talking
about requesting the top 5 features that LL could give us that would
make that easier to do, I'd rather see something on the list that
would have a greater impact and would fit seamlessly into the
environment.

I'd love to see a real collaborative space in SL; what do you think
a 3-D wiki would look like?

R. (a dreaded administrator)